
Nadia Petrova knocked out third seed Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-3 3-6 6-1 in the Australian Open third round.
But the 19th seed had hinted at an upset by thrashing US Open champion Kim Clijsters 6-0 6-1 just two days earlier.
It has been a remarkable turnaround in fortunes for Petrova, who was beaten in the first round of both her warm-up tournaments in Brisbane and Hobart.
The Russian put her dramatic improvement down to a new "all-or-nothing attitude", as she seeks to get back to the form that saw her ranked number three in the world in 2006.
"When I played Kim, before going on court, I said, 'it's all or nothing, I got to give everything' (and) I did," she said.
"Same thing happened today. If I can continue doing this, I can get even further."
The 27-year-old has been plagued by injuries in the past three years and admitted she felt like her career was in danger of finishing unfulfilled.
"That's why I'm still here," she said. "That's why I'm working hard and digging deep, because I know there's still a lot to accomplish. I really want to finally be a complete player. I want to quit tennis knowing that I've done everything possible."
0 коментара:
Post a Comment