The Bulgarian started only two Premier League games under Hughes with Craig Bellamy preferred on the left hand side while Robinho nursed an ankle injury.However, the 30-year-old has started every game under new boss Mancini and scored in the Italian's first match in charge in the 2-0 win over Stoke at Eastlands.
Despite some stand-out performances when called upon earlier in the season, Petrov never seemed to win Hughes over but he is determined to prove his former manager was wrong not to pick him on a regular basis.
"I'm not the only player who wasn't in the team, but I think I deserve a place and I'm showing that to the ex-manager," he said.
"If someone doesn't give you the chance, then that's frustrating - and he knows what I think.
"I know there will be times under the new manager when I have to be on the bench because we have so many good players at City.
"It's difficult when you play well, score goals, do some good things and are the best player in the month of October - and then you spend another three games on the bench.
"For that, I'm a little bit unhappy because I deserved to play. As a professional you have to expect difficult times and it was difficult.
"I've been away from Bulgaria for 12 years and this is the first time I've had a problem where I didn't play.
"I didn't play when Hughes was the manager and I wasn't happy but that's normal in football."
However the former Atletico Madrid man is confident he can start afresh under Mancini and talk of a new deal in Manchester has already begun.
"I'm 100 per cent happy here. We have spoken once or twice, my agent and the club," he pointed out.
"Nothing significant has happened yet, but I want to stay if everything goes well."
0 коментара:
Post a Comment