Football Predictions

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Van Der Sar committed his future to Old Trafford


Edwin van der Sar has confirmed he has decided to sign a new one-year contract at Manchester United. The Dutch keeper has committed his future to Old Trafford after talks with Sir Alex Ferguson, inform news of the world

Van der Sar current contract expires at the end of the season and he has been offered a 12-month extension by the Premier League champions.

Quoted in the News of the World, he said: "I would like to keep on playing so I have decided to sign another contract."

"The club want me to stay and I'm happy here. My fitness is good and I feel I can carry on playing for United."

The former Ajax and Juventus keeper has endured a stop-start season for United, missing the opening weeks of the campaign with a finger injury.

Van der Sar is likely to come under threat next season if United complete their proposed deal for Schalke 04 keeper Manuel Neuer.


He has already seen off Tomasz Kuszczak and Ben Foster, but Neuer has been told he would come in for a straight fight with van der Sar.


The United No1 is back in top form after recovering from injury and also the shock of his wife suffering a stroke.


Van der Sar added: "It's been a hard time for all the family and when something like this happens it's a tough situation.


"Luckily I was back in Holland when it happened because I was injured and it meant that I could be with her in hospital.


"It's been a difficult period, but I'm happy things are improving at home."

0 коментара:

Post a Comment


Wags Gallery

Wags Gallery

Services

Sport News

Premier League

Premier League news, livescore and fixture.

Sport7 Network

Sports Preview

Sport Premier League Football Livescore Planet Sport Golf F1 Extreme Fixtures Sport7 Sportbg Sportal Football Formula One Official Poker Strategy

Betting Zone WSOP Betting Poker Casino Bingo Oddschecker Casino Checker Poker Checker Bingo Checker Free Bets | Poker Online